How to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 9 Pro and Note 9 smartphone is covered in this guide. The open-source nature of Android smartphones makes them extremely popular. In addition, it opens the door to a wide range of additional modifications. As a start, there are literally hundreds of themes, icon sets, and fonts available for Windows 10. To take it one step further, you may modify the system files of your devices as well as the operating system. As a result, you’ll be able to experiment with modifications, frameworks, custom ROMs, kernels, and many other things.
However, in order for any of these actions to be carried out properly, your device must fulfill certain requirements. And that’s a bootloader that’s been unlocked. If you don’t do this, you won’t be able to enjoy any of the aforementioned benefits. This article will explain how to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 9 and Note 9 Pro smartphones. But first, let’s define what a bootloader is, what its benefits are, and most crucially, what the hazards are.
What is a Bootloader
When the Operating System starts up, the bootloader informs it which programs to launch. In addition, it aids in the device’s recovery process after it has been powered off. Most OEMs ship their devices with a locked bootloader as a standard feature. User should only use OS that is given by them, is their reasoning. While it makes sense from a security standpoint, not everyone is a fan of Xiaomi’s MIUI skin. As a result, they are always on the lookout for alternate solutions. Unlocking the bootloader is the only way to stray from stock Android and test out any of the customizations available for it.
Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 9 Pro
Before you begin, there are a few things that you should bear in mind before moving on. Please refer to the list below.
- Your Android device should be backed up in its entirety. The reason behind this is that When you unlock the bootloader, all of your device’s data is wiped clean.
- Install the MI Unlock Tool on your PC by downloading it.
- There you have it. Now, follow the steps below to unlock the bootloader on the Redmi Note 9 and Note 9 Pro by following the instructions.
STEP 1: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
To create a successful connection, the first method is utilized, while the second method unlocks the bootloader of your mobile device. In order to enable both of these, you must enable Developer Options in the Windows Control Panel. Here’s how:
- On your Redmi smartphone, go to Settings and click on About Phone.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on MIUI versions seven times to see the results.
- Go back to Settings and select Additional Settings from the drop-down menu.
- You should now be able to view the Developer Options menu on your screen. Turn on USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking by clicking on the toggles next to them.
STEP 2: Connect your Redmi device to your account
You will need a MI Account for this. If you don’t already have one, make one right away. Enter the phone number that is presently stored on your device. After that, go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock Status. Tap the Add account and device option and then follow the on-screen directions. If you see the message “Addition successfully. Now that your MI account is linked to this device, you can proceed.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 9 Pro
Now that you’ve completed the first two stages, it’s time to begin the process of unlocking the bootloader on the Redmi Note 9 and Note 9 Pro. Follow the instructions below:
- Turn off your device. Then, for a few seconds, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons. This will force your device to enter Fastboot Mode. The iconic Mi bunny with the fastboot code should be visible.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer via a USB connection.
- Sign in to the Mi Unlock Tool using your credentials.
- The tool will now check to see if the account was properly connected to the device.
- When you’re finished, you should see the Phone Connected notification.
- Click on the Unlock button. A popup will now appear, click on Unlock anyway.
- As soon as the procedure begins, you’ll see the message “Unlocked Success” appear on your screen. To start your smartphone with Android OS, select the Reboot now message.
Congrats! Your Redmi Note 9 or Note 9 Pro’s bootloader is now unlocked! It is usual to receive a warning notice on your smartphone when it first wakes up. In addition, your device will need to be reinstalled as it has undergone a format. Lastly, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC Tips and Tricks, as well as Android Tips and Tricks that are worth checking out.