To customize your Xiaomi Poco F3 GT and gain full control over its software, you need to root it. Read this article to know how to Root Xiaomi Poco F3 GT with Magisk.
Magisk, the most popular rooting tool for Android devices, may be used to root the Poco F3 GT. Using Magisk, you may gain root access to your phone and alter its operating system to your preferences.
Below you’ll find a step-by-step guide on how to root your Poco F3 GT with magisk. The bootloader must be unlocked, the firmware must be patched, and Magisk must be installed. Let us know if you have any trouble with any of the stages in the guide by leaving a comment below.
Root Xiaomi Poco F3 GT with Magisk
There are two stages to installing Magisk on your phone. The first step is to unlock the bootloader and enable it to accept unofficial images. The second step is to extract the boot.img file and flash it on your Poco F3 GT.
Your phone will be wiped as a result of this procedure. When you initially unlock the bootloader to install Magisk, a thorough data wipe is conducted. Please create a backup of your data before proceeding; else, you will lose everything of it.
1. Check that your phone is charged at least 60%. This prevents the phone from turning off unintentionally throughout the procedure.
2. Make a complete backup of your phone’s data. The procedure outlined below includes unlocking the bootloader, which will erase everything on your phone.
3. Install the correct ADB drivers for the Xiaomi Poco F3 GT. The computer will not detect your phone if you do not have the necessary drivers.
Root Xiaomi Poco F3 GT : step-1 Unlock the Xiaomi Poco F3 GT Bootloader
The Poco F3 GT, like other Android phones, has a locked bootloader. A locked bootloader prevents you from flashing custom images and rooting the phone. As a result, before proceeding with the next step, you must unlock the bootloader. Follow this guide to discover how to unlock the bootloader on the Poco F3 GT.
Root Xiaomi Poco F3 GT : step-2 Patch the boot image with Magisk
First and foremost, you must obtain a factory Poco F3 GT ROM (firmware). We will modify the ROM’s boot image and then flash it on the phone to get root access. There are a plethora of websites where you can obtain Xiaomi firmware.
- After downloading the firmware, extract it. There will be a few new files.
- Download and Install the most recent Magisk app.
- Navigate to Install > Install > Patch boot image file in Magisk.
The software will patch the boot image and save it to your device. Transfer this file to your PC and rename it “boot.img.”
Step-3 Flashing the patched boot image
Connect your phone to your computer and type the following command into a CMD window command:
- If your phone doesn’t have A/B partition system:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- If your phone has A/B partition system:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Once the patched image has been flashed, reboot your phone.
That’s it! You may now update Magisk directly from the Magisk app. It’s also a good idea to patch the firmware using the app first before flashing the update. In addition to root benefits, Magisk’s module system allows you to take advantage of all root features.
Now you have learned how to how to root Xiaomi Poco F3 GT with Magisk.