In this article, you will learn about What is USB Driver is and how to install Xiaomi USB driver on Pc.
What is a USB Driver?
USB Driver is a software application for connecting with the operating system on hardware. If you have enabled the appropriate drivers, it lets your PC recognize the system type attached. They include the smartphone, the buttons, the mouse, the cameras, the external hardware.
For your PC to decide the type of device currently attached, you need the required USB drivers. This USB driver allows the identification of the linked device and its use by the PC. There are several other benefits for these drivers, aside from device recognition.
How to install Xiaomi USB driver on PC
There are two approaches that you can follow to install Xiaomi USB driver on Pc. Both the methods are discussed below.
Method 1: Install Xiaomi USB driver using Mi Flash Tool
- Download and install the latest Mi Flash Tool onto your PC.
- Now, start the Mi Flash tool and press Drivers.
- The Mi Flash tool will show a list of five different drivers that will be installed.
- Now Click on the Install button and wait for the process to finish.
Method 2: Manual way to install xiaomi USB driver
To do this, you must have Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC enabled. There are two explanations for the same. First, the ADB and Fastboot files on your PC are installed. Second, it will also support boot your device into fastboot mode. You will need to allow USB Debugging.
Step 1: Boot your device to Fastboot Mode
- First, download and extract the contents of your device-specific (Xiaomi. Poco or Redmi) USB drivers ZIP package to any folder on your PC.
- Go to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command prompt.
- Now connect your device to PC via USB cable, with USB debugging enabled.
- Inside the CMD window, type in the below command to boot your device to Fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will be booted to the Fastboot mode and you should see the famous Mi Bunny Logo as well.
Step 2: Install Android Bootloader Interface
- The device is booted to Fastboot, its time to install the Android Bootloader Interface via the android_winusb file.
- For that, right-click on the Windows icon on your PC and select Device Manager.
- Go to the Other Devices section.
- As the USB drivers are not installed yet, your device will be displayed as an unknown device or other device.
- Right-click on it and select Update Drivers. In the subsequent dialog box that appears, select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Next up, select ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’.
- Under the Common hardware section, select Show All Devices and hit Next.
- Click on the Have Disk button followed by Browse.
- Now browse to the folder where you have extracted the Xiaomi USB drivers ZIP package in the first step.
- There you will find two folders, ‘win 10’ and ‘xp-win7-win8’. Select the one that corresponds to your OS and click on Open.
- From the next dialog box, select the android_winusb file and click Open.
- Select the Android Bootloader Interface from the Model section and click on Next
- Final step, click on the Install button and wait for the process to finish.
I hope this guide allows you to understand how to install Xiaomi USB driver on your PC. Please leave a note below if you have any questions or suggestions.