In this article, we’ll show you how to install Android 11 on Xiaomi MiA1 (codenamed Tissot). Google launched Android 11 for the general public recently. As a result, numerous OEMs quickly followed suit. The Pixel devices were first in line, which was to be anticipated. Later, Google provided the Android 11 AOSP source code, which is unquestionably the most important component for compiling custom ROMs based on Android 11. Also, we have provided the links to Download Android 11 Xiaomi MiA1 firmware file.
Android 11 Features
This new version of Android looks a lot like Android 10, but with a few new features and improvements. An improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, and wireless android auto are just a few of the many new features included in the update. We’ve got a tonne of information in our articles about Android 11, including a support list and a list of custom ROMs.
How to Install Android 11 on Xiaomi MiA1
Android 11 on MiA1 has a lot to offer, and you’ll want to check it out (Tissot). Be sure to read the prerequisites section first. Ascertain that your device meets all of the requirements listed above. After that, review the ROM’s working features and known issues. After you’ve read through the section on requirements, you can begin the installation process.
- First and foremost, create a complete device backup.
- Next time, enable USB Debugging on your Mi A1. This will make your device recognizable by your PC in ADB mode. So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Your device also needs to have the bootloader unlocked.
- Next up, you will also need to install the TWRP Recovery on your device. This will be needed to flash the AOSP Android 11 on your Mi A1. You could refer to our comprehensive tutorial on how to Install TWRP Recovery For Mi A1.
Download Android 11 Xiaomi MiA1
You should be aware of a few things before you download Android 11 Xiaomi MiA1 firmware file. You should only use the proper vendor and firmware of your device with stable ROM.
Pixel Experience: Latest ROM: XDA Development page
As soon as you’ve downloaded the files listed above, transfer them to your mobile device. To install Android 11 on MiA1 (tissot), follow the steps below.
Install Android 11 on MiA1 (Tissot)
- Make sure you have installed the Xiaomi USB drivers, If you haven’t done so, then refer to our detailed guide on How to install Xiaomi USB driver on PC
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Execute the below command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP Recovery:
adb reboot recovery
- Now head over to the wipe section and format system, data, and cache. Perform a right swipe to complete the format.
- It’s now time to flash the AOSP Android 11 ROM onto your Mi A1. For that, head over to Install, select the AOSP ROM ZIP file and perform a right swipe to install the file.
- If you want Google Apps as well, then you need to flash it at this instance itself. Go to Install, select the GApps ZIP file, and perform a right swipe to flash this file.
- When that is done, you may reboot your device. Head over to Reboot and select System.
It will now boot into the newly installed operating system on your device. This concludes our guide on how to install Android 11 on MiA1 smartphone. After installing the ROM, please share your thoughts about it in the comments section.