Default Mail app on every Apple iPhone lets you add any email addresses you choose. Apple also makes it simple to add as many email addresses as you like, and these will sync across all of your devices using your Apple ID. We’ll teach you how to add an email address to your iPhone.
Add An Email Address to Your iPhone Automatically
Automatically sync your iPhone’s email address with an Apple Mail account, Google Gmail, or Yahoo! Mail. If you already have an Apple Mail account and want to sync it with your iPhone, follow the steps below. It takes less than a minute to complete. Follow these steps:
1. On your iPhone, launch the Settings app, then navigate to “Mail -> Accounts.”
2. Tap on “Add Account,” and a new screen will appear, listing a number of popular email providers.
3. Once you choose your email provider, enter your email address when prompted. In some instances, it may ask for your username, phone number, or even your Skype credentials. Follow the prompts to also add your password or other details. iOS will verify your account by contacting your email provider. This should be a quick verification.
4. Lastly, depending on the type of email account you’d like to add, you can also choose to sync other information, such as your contacts, calendars, etc.
You may now access your email account on your iPhone using the Mail app. You may further personalize your experience by going back to ‘Settings -> Mail’ and selecting the appropriate option.
Add An Email Address to Your iPhone Manually
There are extra choices available in the Mail app when you manually add a new email on your iPhone. Please utilize this method if you use an email service other than one of the most common ones. Follow these steps:
1. Navigate to “Settings -> Mail -> Accounts,” then tap on “Add Account.” The list of the most popular email providers will appear. Select “Other.”
2. Pick “Add Mail Account.” Input your name, email address, password, and description, then tap on “Next.”
3. Your iPhone will now contact your email provider, trying to finalize the procedure. If that doesn’t happen, you’ll need to enter additional information.
4. If asked to enter additional information, choose your type of email account (IMAP or POP). Input the required information of your Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. If you’re unsure, check with your email provider.
5. Your iPhone will check the validity of the provided information. If everything is okay, tap “Save” to finish adding your email address.
That’s all there is to it! Your iPhone’s Mail application may now be used to receive, view, and send emails. Syncing your emails with the Mail app may take some time.
Finally, let’s say that we’re done.